Mar 3, 2010

Perfect Salmon Patties (easy too!)

I love these salmon patties!
All of my kids (even the fish-haters) all love these salmon patties.
And they are SO easy to make!

They stay moist,
They freeze beautifully,
They make a great Salmon Patty sandwich to pack in a lunch,
so make plenty for left-overs!

I usually serve it with sliced lemons, some Malt vinegar, and my "secret sauce".

Dana's Perfect Salmon Patties
Makes 4-5 patties

Ingredients
  • 1 (14 3/4 ounce) canned salmon
  • 1/4 cup onion, minced
  • 1/4 cup cornmeal
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 egg
  • 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • dash salt
  • dash pepper

  • 2-3 Tablespoons oil for pan frying.
Directions
  1. drain salmon thoroughly, flake it with a fork in a large bowl.
  2. add remaining ingredients (except oil) and mix well.
  3. Form into patties.
  4. Add oil to a frying pan and heat to med-high heat.
  5. Fry patties until golden brown, turning once during cooking.
  6. Serve with Secret Sauce (recipe below)
  7. Enjoy!!

Dana's Secret Sauce

This sauce is embarrassingly simple to make.
But it works great on everything from burgers, to these salmon patties!

Ingredients
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard (or to taste)
Directions
Mix together well and serve as a dipping sauce or spread.







Subscribe via e-mail.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Subscribe in a reader
Pin It!

23 comments:

  1. I love salmon patties--we grew up eating them. My husband hates them--says they are too dry. I'll try this recipe for him--maybe he'll be a convert!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this salmon recipe is my favorite one, it's matchless taste makes this the finest gourmet dish

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great recipe, with just the photos looks amazing, I cant wait to go home a make this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!!! I grew up eating these or mackeral I think my mom use to make mackeral. I have made them before but never like this I tried this tonight for something different and my family love love love this recipe, I can eat salmon everyday. I was skeptical about mayo but it made them moist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these. I make these for my parents on Fridays when I go to visit them, cause my husband does not like salmon. But I have to have ketchup on my salmon patties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 10 year old said, "These are delicious." He ate two salmon sliders. The 16 year old withheld the comments but ate 3 of them. I served them with homemade whole wheat hamburger buns. I thought they were delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made this tonight for supper and they did not turn out well at all - I must have done something wrong they were way too moist - perhaps too much mayo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made these tonight and they were SO DELICIOUS. They reminded me of the ones my mom would make me when I was a little girl. I never, ever eat fish but I loved these! I had to bake them for a few minutes in order to be able to flip them in the pan. They didn't come out as brown or beautiful as yours did, but they were still devoured along with the sauce! Thanks for a KEEPER of a recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Made these tonight and they were great. They looked just like the picture. Nice crust on the outside and moist the inside. Loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Made these twice before and I am making them again tonight. My husband and kids love them. Only difference was, I used honey mustard for the "secrect sauce"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you use cornmeal mix in place of cornmeal and flour? If so how much?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to try !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wanted to say that we tried these and they were fantastic! It looks like my old salmon cake recipe just fell out of favor :) They held together nicely, were perfectly cripsy, and tasty enough that both kiddos (6 and 3) asked for seconds! Its a winner! We loved the secret sauce too! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I made these tonight and they were great! They are right up there with the ones my mom and my hubby's grandmother make. I linked your recipe to my blog post today. I hope that is okay with you. If not, let me know!

    http://www.thegiftedgabber.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. These were fantastic, we loved them. This will be the only salmon cake recipe I will be using from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just found these on Pinterest and made them. Love them! I've always hated making salmon patties because they never turn out right. They fall apart, dry, crumbly. These were perfect!!! So easy!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just found these on Pinterest and made them. Love them! I've always hated making salmon patties because they never turn out right. They fall apart, dry, crumbly. These were perfect!!! So easy!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are amazing....best salmon recipe I've tried

    ReplyDelete
  19. THis is the one just like Mom used to make. She made a white sauce as opposed to mayo, but just as good. Keeping this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Found this on Pinterest. I've always avoided making salmon patties, thinking they were messy and too much work. These were so easy and delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wish I knew how many 'points' there are?? I'm on Weight Watchers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've made these for a long time now but instead of putting garlic in them I put obay seasoning instead.I always have to double the recipe to have enough.

    ReplyDelete
  23. These have been my go-to salmon patties for years, I love them! I bake them in the oven though. 350° for 25-30 minutes (for 4 patties), flipping halfway through.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...